This month’s guest speaker:
Patrick F. Welch
Member at Jennings Strouss, Attorneys At Law
Mr. Welch focuses his practice in the areas of general and complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, and fidelity and surety litigation. Mr. Welch is licensed in the States of Arizona and Nevada, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Based in Arizona, Mr. Welch regularly assists surety and fidelity clients with all facets of Arizona and Nevada claim investigations, litigation, trial, arbitration, mediation and appeals.
Mr. Welch also has a wealth of oversees experience having worked for Mitsubishi International Corporation (a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation), Indochina Capitol Corporation, a financial services firm based in Hanoi, Vietnam, and General Electric Company (GE), a U.S. multinational conglomerate. Mr. Welch is a fluent Spanish speaker and has extensive family and professional contacts within the Mexican, Argentine, and Colombian legal communities. Mr. Welch’s international experience well positions him to assist surety and fidelity clients with overseas claim investigations, particularly within Latin America.
Areas of Focus
- Performance and Payment Bond Claim Investigations
- Project Default
- Takeover and Completion Agreements
- Indemnity Workout Agreements
- Miscellaneous and Statutory Bonds, including contractor license bonds, vehicle dealer bonds, notary bonds, transaction privilege tax bonds, broker and escrow agent bonds, mortgage broker bonds, and guardianship bonds
- Fidelity Claim Investigations and Opinions
- Design Professional Negligence
- Delay Claims
- Represented fidelity and surety clients in investigating and defending claims made against fidelity policies and surety bonds, including performance and payment bonds, bid bonds, subdivisions bonds, and miscellaneous statutory bonds.
- Represented owners, general contractors, and subcontractor in construction-related litigation, including breach of contract, delay, professional negligence, and indemnity claims.
- Represented Mexican and Australian nationals and businesses with respect to business transactions and litigation issues arising in the U.S. market.
- Consulted Mexican and Australian foreign nationals with respect to business visa application requirements.