Current Construction Economy in Arizona
Speaker – Rebekah Morris, President and Founder at BEX
Rebekah started the twice-weekly AZBEX publication in February 2010, and has since grown the service into a multi-faceted resource for local Commercial Real Estate & A/E/C firms to find leads on upcoming projects, industry news, trends, and market insights.
In 2015, AZBEX started producing events and now features four annual half-day conferences and six breakfast panels known as the Leading Market Series.
In 2016, the AZBEX Database or DATABEX was launched. Both the events and database are engineered to bring opportunities to clients – whether it’s the contacts made at a half-day conference or bi-monthly breakfast program or the early stage notice of a project in the database, every service of AZBEX is focused on bringing opportunity to clients.
Rebekah’s background as a large General Contractor enabled her to spot the opportunity to start BEX, but it is her grit, determination and eternal curiosity for the industry that has kept it going and growing each year.
Alternative Bio – 7 things you may not know about Rebekah Morris
- She is the youngest of 6 kids (5 girls, 1 boy)
- She has a degree in construction engineering
- She is from Lompoc, CA – known for its flower fields and federal penitentiary
- She cannot whistle
- Hobbies include running, cooking, reading and hanging out with her husband and kids
- She still owns her first car – a 1968 Mustang named Sam – she’s bought it twice now…
- Her favorite treat is cookies, but only soft-baked… Crisp cookies don’t cut it.